Bright, enthusiastic hard‑worker with over eight years’ industry experience in front‑end development, working as part of a team and supervising others. Excellent problem‑solving skills, fast learner, and a strong team member.
Frameworks / Techniques
- CSS: Stylus, SASS, BEM
- Back‑end: Node.js, Express, Koa, MongoDB, Docker, Heroku, Shell Scripting
- September 2013 - April 2015: Fathom, Lead Developer
- February 2013 - August 2013: R/GA London, Senior Front‑End Developer (freelance)
- August 2011 - January 2013: Burberry, Senior Front‑End Developer (freelance)
- February 2010 - July 2011: Mohu, Lead Developer
- Summer 2006 - February 2010: Ralph, ActionScript Developer
Open Source Projects
- Skivvy (2015) – Modular task runner for reusable build systems
- Angular Charts (2013) - Semantic HTML5 charts for AngularJS
- T‑Bone (2013) - Backbone.js view/binding component framework
- Doppelganger (2013) - Toolkit for isometric Backbone.js apps
Primary Job Roles and Responsibilities
Fathom (September 2013 - April 2015)
Lead front‑end developer for a highly interactive real‑time trading platform application, developed from scratch beginning September 2013 and successfully launched in August 2014 (still under active development). Ongoing roles included architecture planning, development of in‑house component library used across prototypes and live apps, performance tuning/profiling, internal build tools, technical leadership, timing estimations, teaching and supervising other developers, hiring new developers.
R/GA (February 2013 - August 2013)
Burberry (August 2011 - January 2013)
Development of JS/CSS Framework (used across all interactive experiences on burberry.com, live streamed fashion shows, press kits and in‑house tools), automation / build process improvements, technical research, supervising other freelance developers, hiring new developers.
Awards / Features
- TV Craft BAFTA, “Interactive Creative Contribution”, 2009 (Dead Set)
- FWA Site of the Day, January 31 2009 (Despereaux Storybook Adventure)
- Esquire Magazine App of the Week, September 30 2010 (Frieze Art Fair)
- October 2005 - June 2008: Trinity College, University of Cambridge
- BA degree in Philosophy, 2:2
- September 2003 - May 2005: Sevenoaks School
- International Baccalaureate Diploma, 45 points out of 45 (Philosophy, English, Spanish, Chemistry, Mathematics, Electronics)
Hobbies / Interests
Theatre, restaurants, art exhibitions, reading, snowboarding, live music.