Bright, enthusiastic hard‑worker with ten years’ experience across multiple industries, working as part of a team and supervising others. Frequent open source contributor with high standards of documentation and testing. Excellent problem‑solving skills, fast learner, great eye for detail, and a very strong team member who knows how to ship quality code.
Frameworks / Technologies
- Back‑end: Express, Docker, MongoDB, Redis, nginx, AWS, Heroku, Bash scripting
- CSS: SASS, Stylus, CSS Modules, BEM, SUIT CSS
- September 2015 - present: Filecanvas, Founder
- July 2015 - August 2015: Kayako, Senior Front-End Developer (freelance)
- September 2013 - April 2015: Fathom, Lead Developer
- February 2013 - August 2013: R/GA London, Senior Front‑End Developer (freelance)
- August 2011 - January 2013: Burberry, Senior Front‑End Developer (freelance)
- February 2010 - July 2011: Mohu, Lead Developer
- Summer 2006 - February 2010: Ralph, ActionScript Developer
Selected Open Source Projects
Selected Job Roles and Responsibilities
Filecanvas (September 2015 - present)
Singlehandedly planned, prototyped, designed, built, and shipped a fully-featured SaaS product (filecanvas.com) over the course of six months, in order to better understand the process of creating a product all the way from ideas generation to launch. Sole founder/programmer status meant roles included everything from planning, to coding, to devops, to user testing, to logo design and copywriting.
Technical stack: containerised service-oriented backend architecture (Node.js + Express, nginx + Lua, MongoDB, Redis, Docker Compose), hosted on AWS (Elastic Beanstalk, ECS, ECR, S3), with extensive Dropbox and Google Drive API integration, vanilla JS front-end with highly interactive virtual-dom template editor, and automated one-line build/deploy via Bash scripts. Combined front-end/back-end codebase is currently around 40,000 lines.
Fathom (September 2013 - April 2015)
Lead front‑end developer for a highly interactive real‑time trading platform application (see the promo site for details) and accompanying component suite, developed from scratch beginning September 2013, successfully launched in August 2014, and still under active development. Ongoing roles included architecture planning, development of in‑house component library used across prototypes and live apps, performance tuning/profiling, internal build tools, technical leadership, teaching and supervising other developers, hiring new developers.
Burberry (August 2011 - January 2013)
Development of all interactive experiences on burberry.com (e.g. Burberry Eyewear campaign), creation of in-house JS/CSS Framework (used across all campaign sites, live streamed fashion shows, press kits and in‑house tools), development of in-house internationalization tools, automation / build process improvements, technical research, hiring and supervising new developers.
- 2005 - 2008: Trinity College, University of Cambridge (BA degree in Philosophy, 2:2)
- 2003 - 2005: Sevenoaks School (International Baccalaureate Diploma, 45 out of 45)
Hobbies / Interests
Literature, art exhibitions, restaurants, theatre, live music, snowboarding